LOGO 1.png
Dr Judy Courtin  B.App.Sci; LLB (Hons); Dip.Legal Practice; PhD (Law)

Dr Judy Courtin
B.App.Sci; LLB (Hons); Dip.Legal Practice;
PhD (Law)

At Judy Courtin Legal we represent victims of institutional sexual and other abuse. Respect and confidentiality are assured.

Following 25 years as a health practitioner, Judy Courtin returned to study and completed her law degree.

Her honours thesis examined the appellate journey for child sexual assault convictions in Victoria. The resultant injustice of extremely low reporting and conviction rates combined with very high successful appeal rates, impelled Judy to further inquire into this area of the law.

Her PhD at the Faculty of Law, Monash University, provided the perfect vehicle for addressing the justice needs of victims of institutional sexual and other abuse.

Read the research here.

Judy is also an ongoing campaigner for legal and other reforms in the area of institutional sexual abuse. She advocated strongly for both the Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the Handling of Child Abuse and by Religious and Other Organisations (Victorian Inquiry) and the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (Royal Commission) and represented victims at the Royal Commission.

Judy continues to write extensively to advocate for, and represent the voices of, victims and their families, whilst addressing their legal and human rights.


We are a no win/no fee practice, which means you will not pay any fees unless and until there is a successful outcome of your claim.



Dr Judy Courtin is also an experienced mediator.